Locatia: Strasbourg, France
About the job Protective Security Officer
Place of employment: Strasbourg, France Protective Security Officer
Closing date for applications: 11 April 2022 11:59 am CEST
- Please check the nationality requirement before applying. Candidates need to be a national of one of the Member States of the Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland and enjoys his/her full rights as a citizen.
The principal role of the Protective Security Officer is to support the eu-LISA Security Unit in performing specific protective security management tasks concerning eu-LISA premises, building, personnel, information and other assets.
The Protective Security Officer may be required to travel, from time to time, to the other Agency locations, to the locations of other EU institutions and bodies or to the location of other stakeholders of eu-LISA.
The jobholder may be requested according to the business needs and the Executive Director’s Decision to perform specific stand-by duty tasks.
The Protective Security officer will be working under the supervision of the Head of the Protective Security and Continuity Sector and reporting to the Head of the Security Unit.
The main Protective Security Officer’s duties will entail:
Security and Continuity Management System (‘SCMS’)
- Supporting the continuous review, monitoring and maintenance of the overall eu-LISA’s Security and Continuity Management System according to ISO27001 and ISO22301;
- Updating and maintaining SCMS related processes, documentation, templates and records.
Physical Security Protective Security Officer
- Supporting further development of the Agency’s security policies and procedures;
- Performing operational and tactical supervision and management of the security guarding and security reception services;
- Managing and monitoring the physical security systems of the Agency (Closed-circuit television system (‘CCTV’), access control system, intrusion detection system, etc.);
- Liaising with local authorities and other external/internal stakeholders for managing the operational security aspects concerning the site, the personnel and the assets of the Agency, when needed;
- Managing the access control processes on the site;
- Coordinating the implementation of the emergency response management processes of the Agency (including running drills and evacuation exercises).
Security Risk Assessment Protective Security Officer
- Performing security risks assessments for Agency’s sites;
- Applying and tailoring the baseline security controls/requirements in accordance to identified risks.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of security plans and related documentation;
- Acting as first respondent during security incidents or crisis/emergency situations, if necessary;
- Performing the check of the security requirements for eu-LISA’s contractors and maintaining the specific evidence and records;
- Running the Personnel Security Clearance process for eu-LISA personnel;
- Performing any internal security audit and testing of the physical controls in place, proposing recommendations and improvements;
- Implement specific measures related to the health and safety on site, in the context of a pandemic or other crisis.
Eligibility criteria Protective Security Officer
Applicants will be considered eligible for recruitment and selection on the basis of the
following formal criteria which need to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
- he/she has a level of education, which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three (3) years attested by a diploma [N.B. Only qualifications that have been awarded in EU Member States or that are subject to the equivalence certificates issued by the authorities in said EU Member States shall be taken into consideration];
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland and enjoys his/her full rights as a citizen.
Selection criteria Protective Security Officer
Suitability of applicants will be assessed against the following criteria in different steps of the selection procedure:
Professional experience and knowledge Protective Security Officer
- Solid professional experience relevant to the duties described in section 3, acquired after the award of the university diploma demonstrating in particular;
- Knowledge and/or preferably professional experience in the development, implementation or operational management of security and/or safety systems (access control system, CCTV system, intrusion detection system, fire detection system, building management system, etc.);
- Knowledge and/or preferably professional experience in coordination and/or management of security guards or personnel;
- Knowledge and/or preferably professional experience in personnel security, safety and/or emergency action processes;
- Professional experience with ISO families of standards related to security and/or a formal security professional certification (e.g. ISO 22301 Lead Implementer/Lead Auditor, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer/Lead Auditor, CISM, Physical Security Professional, etc.);
- Very good knowledge of English, both oral and written, at least at the level C1;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken French, corresponding to at least B2 level.
Advantageous selection criteria Protective Security Officer
- Professional experience in the area of physical or personnel security obtained in a multicultural environment, preferably in a European Institution, agency, body or international audit firms;
Personal qualities Protective Security Officer
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the capacity to synthetize information;
- Demonstrated proactive mind-set with the ability to take initiative and a strong sense of integrity as well as responsibility and loyalty;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure;
- Supportive and helpful approach to others, with a cooperative and service-oriented attitude,
- Capacity to work independently;
- Ability to act upon eu-LISA values
Scale FGIV Contract Agent. The basic monthly salary is EUR 3.623,54 (less than 5 years of work experience), EUR 4.099,84 (between 5 to 17 years of experience) or EUR 5.248,48 (more than 17 years of work experience) depending on the work experience and weighted by the correction coefficient (for France 119.9% and paid in EUR).
Salaries are exempt from national taxation.
In addition, depending on your personal circumstances, the contract includes a system of allowances and benefits, such as expatriation allowance, household allowance, and dependent-child and education allowances.
The above information is indicative and for information purposes only. It has no legal value and no rights can be derived from it.
Pentru aplicatii accesati: eu-LISA
Securitate in Romania by VerifiES Security
Blogul nr 1 din industria de Securitate: Noutati si tendinte din industria de Securitate, Solutii de Securitate, Locuri de munca din industria de Securitate, Resurse utile, Topuri de Securitate
VerifiES Security – Eficienta in Securitate: Servicii Eficiente de Securitate la preturi corecte
Ajutam companiile in selectia si implementarea celor mai Eficiente Solutii de Securitate.
Consultanta de securitate: Design si proiectare solutii de securitate, Evaluare si selectie furnizori Securitate, Audit servicii si solutii de securitate, Optimizare bugete securitate, Evaluare eficienta si eficacitate programe de securitate, Politici si proceduri de securitate, Programe de loss prevention, Receptie si evaluare sisteme de securitate
Total Security Management: Proiectare sisteme Securitate si incendiu, Evaluare de risc la securitate fizica, Implementare solutii de Securitate, paza, sisteme de securitate, monitorizare alarme, Management de Securitate.